SIX DEGREES SALSA COMPETITION 2013
INQUIRIES AND FAQ's
1) Do the free salsa lessons continue during the weeks of the contest?
Yes, free lessons begin at 9pm sharp!
2) Will there still be a live band each week?
No, there will not be a live band during the two weeks of the competition (April 16th and April 23rd).
3) What time will the competition take place each week?
The competition will take place each night between 10:30pm and 11:15pm so there will still be plenty of time for social dancing and having fun!
4) Do we need to choreograph a routine for the competition?
Yes, both amateur and professional couples must choreograph a routine that is between 1:45 and 2:00 minutes. At least 90% of the music must be salsa.
5) Do competitors need to sign up in advance for the competition?
Yes all competitors must sign up in advance. We will only be accepting 10 couples in the amateur division and 10 couples in the professional division and will be accepting couples on a first come first served basis. Please email Jennifer@stepsdancestudio.com to register.
6) Is there an international division this year?
No, unfortunately there will not be an international division this year although we are working towards bringing it back in Spring 2014! All dancers entering the competition this year must be Canadian.
7) Do we need to wear costumes?
Costumes are required for the competition. No jeans please. Costumes will be judged as part of your Presentation score.
8) How do I buy tickets for the finals?
Due to the limited capacity of the nightclub it is best to buy your tickets in advance. Tickets can be bought at Six Degrees 416.486.9666.
9) Is there a hotel nearby?
Yes there is a hotel three blocks away (within walking distance).
Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites:
808 Mount Pleasant Road
Toronto, ON M4P 2L2
10) How can I become a sponsor?
Please click here for more information
11) Any other questions?
Please contact email@example.com or Jennifer at 416-656-7837, Jennifer@stepsdancestudio.com